The two brothers, Claude and Edmond Faure built a transport company in the year of 1960 in France. They decided to launch their small wood transport company. Also at the same time, Jean-Marie Machet took the reins of his family-run transport company. The meeting of Mireille Machet and Claude Faure was to affect the destiny of the two families. Their marriage brought about a close professional relationship which led to the creation of the ‘Faure & Machet’ transport company in 1967.
They started with just 12 staff and 7 vehicles. The company expanded rapidly. In 1976 it already had 90 employees and 75 vehicles. But it was in 1982 that the company really took off. The founders’ entrepreneurial spirit and dynamism were instrumental in gaining the trust of the Mars group. ‘Faure & Machet’ set-up warehousing as a strategic activity, and 20 years later, the company had 300 staff members and 38,000 m2 of warehousing space in France.
HQ: Phalsbourg, Lorraine
Founder: Mireille Machet and Claude Faure
Founded in: 1967
Located in: 14 counties
62% of its revenue comes from countries other than France.
Green Supply Chain: FM Logistics India
- Upcoming Multi-Client Facility at Jhajjar, Haryana.
- The built-up area of 700,000 sq. ft. and 100,000 pallet positions.
- With vertical storage, this facility enjoys strategic access to Kundali, Manesar and Palwal expressways for faster connectivity to all major consumption centres in the North.
- FM Logistics India is aiming to obtain a LEED Certification for this state-of-the-art facility. This will assist you in creating and maintaining a green supply chain.
- LEED Stands for: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
- The Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) rating system assesses buildings against key sustainability standards.
- This includes energy conservation, indoor air quality, use of recycled and recyclable materials, support for reduced-carbon commuting options and long-term sustainability.
- It is the most widely used global standard that recognizes buildings that are efficient, cost-effective, and better for the occupants and environment.
For more updates on Logistics stay tuned